Family Business Institute Membership benefits
FBI provides a broad range of professional benefits to members:
- Expanded professional practice capabilities and increased revenues.
- Higher quality, professionally challenging and more satisfying work.
- Premium fee earning opportunities.
- New client acquisition opportunities.
- Existing client retention, especially through generational transitions.
- Increased knowledge and skills in human and family group dynamics.
- Greater understanding and use of emotional intelligence leads to enhanced leadership and management capabilities.
- Access to proven tools, resources, programs, diagnostics, pro forma documents and worksheets.
- Ongoing education and training, personal coaching, mentoring and practice building advice and support.
- Realistic opportunities to transition senior professionals into rewarding new careers as advisers, mentors and non-executive directors, after retirement from mainstream practice = benefits for practices and individuals.
- Opportunities to transition “restless” professionals onto rewarding new career paths that compliment, and interface with, are mainstream practice.
- Personal promotion through the FBI website and associated marketing initiatives.
- Potential referrals from enquiries received by FBI from family businesses.
- Membership of an active network of collaborative, trustworthy family business advisors.
- Increased competitive advantage through exclusive and meaningful professional accreditation.
FBI members become happier and more successful individuals through these benefits:
- An enhanced understanding of emotional intelligence concepts and tools, supported by new skills, including personality profiling. This will make you a more rounded, capable and confident individual, in almost any situation.
- A family business advisory pathway to better work : life balance. This will appeal to individuals seeking a new career direction and/or more control over their working lives; and to those looking for continuing gainful employment after retirement and/or after “doing their time” in mainstream practices.
Family Businesses are also big winners, as they receive:
- Effortless access to a large and diverse group of dedicated, trained and competent professional advisers.
- Clear and unambiguous information about proven, best practice processes – to generate the confidence needed to feel comfortable about engaging complete strangers to help deal with complex and sensitive challenges.
- Confidence that all FBI accredited advisers have been trained and assessed through a stringent and meaningful training and accreditation processes.
- Dependable quality control standards.
- Constructive interventions if anything goes seriously wrong on an engagement.